Supports for Youth & Young Adults
CLASS offers several programs for youth with developmental disabilities:
Transition planning and support through the Foundations Programs:
- Working closely with the schools and families to assisted in completion of Integrated Transition plans for youth leaving high school and entering the adult world to support them to engage in meaningful community participation.
- Transition as well as supports include: the development of independent living skills, employment preparation and supports, facilitation of community access is available for young adults who have left school.
Facilitating Youth Involvement (FYI)
- After school program for youth ages 13-21.
Operates Monday to Friday. Based on the interest and needs of the individuals attending the program, a range of recreation, leisure and educational activities are provided to youth to enchance their life skills and social skills.
- March Break and Summer Camp
- Full day programs with access to community leisure and recreation activities are offered to youth during March break and throughout the summer. There is a fee for service to cover program costs.
Funding for parental relief is available for children and adults through Catulpa Community Support Services ((705)733-3227, ext: 235) and Simcoe Community Services ((705)726-9082) for a wide variety of respite services.
For more information regarding the above programs, please contact:
Director of Community Supports
125 Dufferin Street South
Alliston, ON L9R 1E9
Phone: (705) 435-4792 Ext. 229
Fax: (705) 435-2766