Preschool Resource Services
Preschool Resource Services are an integral part of the Early Interventions Services within Simcoe County. As part of this network, we are able to offer direct support to children as well as assist families to navigate the range of services that are availablle within South Simcoe.
The Resource Teacher Program works with families whose children are between the ages of 2 and school entry and are experiencing barriers to development and/or are at risk of developmental challenges. Request for services are accepted directly from families and do not require a secondary referral source.
Each family is assigned a Resource Teacher who co-ordinates services, assists in case management and provides direct developmental programming for children. Supports and services are based on the needs and priorities as identified by the families for themselves and their children. Parents and guardians are encouraged to be active members of the support team and determine the direction of all interventions.
There are no fees associated with the Preschool Resource Teacher Program. The Preschool Resource Services works in partnership with the many other services including:
- Children's Therapy Services - Orillia Soldiers Memorial Hospital.
- Preschool Speech & Language Services - Royal Victoria Hospital.
- York Simcoe Behaviour Management Services - Children
- Children's Treatment Network of Simcoe York.
- Catulpa Community Services.
- County of Simcoe, Community and Social Services
- Infant Development Services - Simcoe Community Services.
- Respite Services.
- New Bloorview Funding Guide
Request for Service forms can be obtained by contacting Preschool Resource Services or downloading from our website. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your child's development, please contact:
Preschool Resource Service
125 Dufferin Street South, Alliston, ON L9R 1E9
Phone: (705) 435-4792 Ext. 233
Fax: (705) 435-2766